Everyday recipes, life and craziness from Jen's house.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm Back!

It has been a very long time since I've blogged last.  But guess what???  I'm BACK!  At the end of last summer, I decided to stop blogging...or at least postpone blogging until I was done with my dissertation.  Well, you know what?  I'm not done with my dissertation but I like blogging.  I've missed blogging.  I like cooking and writing about my adventures in the kitchen.  I like sharing my recipes, triumphs and tribulations in the kitchen.  I've missed taking pictures of food and I've missed writing in this arena.  So here I am...I am BACK!

Since I haven't written since July (yes, it's been that long!) I thought I'd update you on what's been going on in my kitchen (and life) for the past several months.  Jeff and I have made a few major decisions in regards to our life...
  • The biggest decision is that after 20 years of Active Duty, Jeff is retiring from the Army in September 2012.  Due to built up vacation time, he'll stop working at the end of May.  That's right around the corner!  
I grew up in the house in the upper left hand corner.  West Point, Maine
      Iowa  http://ww1.prweb.com/prfiles/2006/10/25/462695/corn.jpg 


  • For years and years, we've talked about where we would retire...I'm from Maine, he's from Iowa, and we've lived everywhere in between.  So we've decided to stay here in Kansas.  This was a hard decision for me to make.  I never thought I'd live in Kansas longer than the Army said.  The first few years we were here, I couldn't wait to move.  And now, Kansas has really grown on me.  I actually like it!  
http://skyways.lib.ks.us/genweb/geary/images/jc1b.jpg
  • I have a new kitchen to cook in and I love my new kitchen!  Since we've decided to stay in Kansas, we bought a new house and sold our old house!  Our new house is more us.  It's bigger, it's open, it's comfortable, it's home.  There are kids for Jacob to play with in our neighborhood, we have friendly neighbors and we finally have space for a garden!  We're here to stay for a while.

So I look forward to being back in the blogging world.  I look forward to writing, cooking and sharing what goes on in my kitchen!  And I hope you'll join me for this continued adventure! 

Thanks for sticking with me and reading my blog!  :)




    1 comment:

    1. I'm lovin' the pictures of the new house and it definitely sounds more like you!

      ReplyDelete