Everyday recipes, life and craziness from Jen's house.

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon and Mustard

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/knowhow/glossary/cauliflower/image.jpg

A few weeks ago, I ran across a great deal on cauliflower.  It was on sale for $.85 per head.  Yes, 85 cents per head!  Wow, what a sale!  I've been paying up to $2.39 a head.  So I went a little cauliflower crazy.  I like cauliflower, it's one of the few veggies that Jeff will eat (besides corn) and Jacob likes it, too.  So it was a no brainer to go cauliflower crazy.  Except I already had a head of cauliflower in the refrigerator and Jeff had just left for training in California.  So that meant three huge heads of cauliflower in my refrigerator and only two people eating it!  After eating raw cauliflower, broccoli and cauliflower salad, cauliflower soup and cauliflower casserole, I found a recipe on the Tasty Kitchen website for roasted cauliflower that I tweaked a bit.  I thought it was very good and I can't wait to make this again.  I still have cauliflower in the refrigerator, so this will be on the menu this week.

Roasted Cauliflower with Lemon and Mustard
  • Half of a head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into bite-sized pieces
  • 1-1/2 Tablespoons butter
  • 1-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter.  Stir in the olive oil, add the mustards, the lemon juice and salt and pepper,   Stir until combined.  Place the prepared cauliflower into a large bowl.  Pour the mustard mixture over the cauliflower.  Stir to combine. 

Spread the cauliflower into a 9 x 13 baking dish.  Roast in the oven for about 45-50 minutes.  Stir every 15 minutes. 

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment