Everyday recipes, life and craziness from Jen's house.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Pepperoni Dip



This past Friday was Bunco Night.  I play Bunco once a month with 11 other friends.  We get together, laugh, talk, de-stress, gossip, eat great food and even play Bunco!  I was lucky on Friday and walked away with $15 at the end of the night!  If you don't know what Bunco is, don't check out the Wikipedia site.  We are NOT middle-aged suburban women playing a dice game!  Instead, check out this site.  Here's another Bunco site with a lot of items for sale. 


On Friday, I brought Pepperoni Dip to share with my friends.  It's my sister-in-law, Kelly's recipe.  And of course, I changed the recipe up a little bit. 


Pepperoni Dip

2 packages of pepperoni slices, finely diced (I used Turkey pepperoni)
2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature (I used neufchatel cheese)
1/3 c. mayonnaise (I used reduced fat)
1/3 c. plain yogurt
1 clove garlic, pressed
1/4 onion, finely diced
1/2 green pepper, finely diced
1/2 red pepper, finely diced


 Mix the cream cheese, mayonnaise and yogurt together.  Add the diced pepperoni, garlic, onion, green and red pepper.  Mix well.  Spoon into a 9x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 305 for 20-30 minutes until it's bubbly.  


Serve with chips, cocktail bread, crackers, pretzels, etc.  I used Stacy's Pita Chips. 

I used my Cuisinart Food Processor to dice the ingredients.  It worked like a charm.  The only thing was I diced the green pepper a little too fine.  It was almost mush, but it still worked.  Next time, I'll decrease the time in the food processor for the green pepper. 




Here is my friend Linda.  She was looking at one of Mandy's cookbooks.  Linda had this cookbook when she was growing up.  She was telling us about "Candle Salad," a recipe found in the book.  Mandy swears she'll make Candle Salad for our next Bunco night.  You'll have to make sure you check back for the recipe and pictures.  It'll knock your socks off.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment