Everyday recipes, life and craziness from Jen's house.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Tator Tot Casserole

I love Tater Tot Casserole.  It is the ultimate comfort food for me.  It's easy to make and it's yummy!  My mum had gotten the original recipe in a recipe exchange 35 years ago.  I've changed it up a little bit and have made it a little healthier.  The first few times I made it for Jeff many moons ago, I didn't use corn in the TTC (we're a family of abbreviations!  TTC = Tater Tot Casserole.) but served corn with the meal and Jeff suggested to add it to the casserole.  I've made TTC with corn ever since!


Tater Tot Casserole

1 pound ground beef (I use 97%)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 onion, finely diced
1 T. Worcestershire sauce


1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use Campbell's Healthy Choice)
1 can corn, well drained
5 slices of American cheese
68 Tater Tots


Preheat the oven to 325*.

In a non-stick pan, brown the hamburger with the garlic and onion.  Cook until the beef is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.  Drain.  Add the Worcestershire sauce and mix well.  Spread the beef mixture in the bottom of a greased 9x9 inch pan.  


Place the slices of cheese on top of the ground beef.  Place four slices close together and fold the 5th slice into 4 long rectangles.  Fit those pieces around the empty edges.


In a small bowl, mix the cream of mushroom soup and drained corn together.  Spread on top of the sliced cheese.

Arrange the Tater Tots on top of the corn mixture.


Bake 45 minutes at 325*.  The TTC should be bubbly.

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment