Everyday recipes, life and craziness from Jen's house.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

French Onion Dip

I follow many... several... ahem... a few cooking blogs.  I'm always on the lookout of the next great recipe!  Some recipes have been excellent, others...well, to tell you the truth, I've bombed the last two chicken recipes I've tried.  They were TLS (Tastes Like Sh**)  recipes.  And the funny thing is, the blogger said it was THE BEST EVER.  Um, no.  Anyways... that's not the point.  The point is I follow The Craving Chronicles blog.  Lots of yummy recipes!

A few weeks ago, a recipe for French Onion Dip was posted and I thought it looked interesting.  I love dip.  In fact, I think it should be named Scoop instead of dip!  :)  Jeff actually likes French Onion Dip, so I gave it a whirl...with some modifications, of course!  Here is the original recipe, which was adapted from Williams & Sonoma.
French Onion Dip

2 T. butter
2 large onions, finely diced (or 3 medium onions)
1/4 t. salt
1 clove garlic, minced
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. parsley flakes
1/4 t. chopped chives
1 2/3 c. fat free, plain yogurt
1/3 c. mayo
1/3 c. sour cream (I used fat free)

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced onion. It will look like there is too much onion, but it don't worry...it will cook down!  Cook, stirring often, until soft and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Add minced garlic and salt and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add the Worcestershire sauce. Stir to scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Transfer to a small bowl and cool for 10-15 minutes.


Mix the yogurt, mayo and sour cream together.  Add the parsley and chives.  Stir to combine.  Add the onions and stir well.  Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.   Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment